We are looking for a Production Assistant who will assist the Technical Designer in the day-to-day running of Story MFG & Gentle Fullness production. As Production Assistant you will take ownership of all production & design admin, ensuring company standards are upheld and best practice achieved.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
Your duties will include, but are not limited to;
• Assisting the Technical Designer with production organisation and management, making sure the critical path is maintained and deadlines are met.
• Taking ownership of our production software (Zedonk) e.g. Inputting samples, costings, trims, material info etc as well as creating order confirmations, packing lists and production orders.
• Assisting the Technical Designer with raising seasonal purchase orders and communicating any changes to the wholesale manager.
• Review seasonal wholesale customer orders & ensure that minimum order quantities have been reached.
• Measuring garments and filling out size charts - maintaining organised documents and photos of styles.
• Creating production CADs and adding garment information to Tech Packs
• Assisting the design and production teams with the quality control process of samples and bulk production and communicating any issues that arise
• Managing the cross-border flow of goods from our suppliers to our own warehouses.
• Assisting the wholesale manager & liaising with our warehouse to assist with seasonal fulfilment of wholesale orders.
• Provide fabrications, pricing, and style descriptions to the retail & eCommerce departments.
• Get frequent updates from all suppliers and share information with the relevant departments within the business.
• Ad hoc-duties.
Skills / Experience / Knowledge needed:
• Fashion design graduate, relevant fashion development or technology course or experience or similar desired.
• Strong understanding of technical design and garment manufacturing.
• Production assistance experience is a bonus.
• Must be organised, self-managed and motivated to achieve a wide range of tasks.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Good eye for detail, ensuring a high standard of work and presentation.
• Experience with Adobe Suite essential and understanding of Excel and Zedonk (or similar production software) would desired but not essential.
• Brighton based or happy to commute to Brighton & Hove 3-5 days a week.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter.